Monday, October 3, 2011

A new mouse trap

2 Oct 2011
Besides getting this blog site setup, I decided to work on my Chipmunk problem in the yard.
I've built my first trap and in 'pure' Uncle Bob fashion, it has to be simple and easy to build.
Most of all, it has to work!

I'm not exactly a purest when it comes to ridding my yard of pesty rodents, with extreme prejudice,  but in the spirit of things, I decided to build something that will work either way.

It's in the yard now for testing and so far it's captured 3 field mice and only a curious chipmunk.
Need to work on better bait for I know the system works!

Though not opposed to shooting the pests, my neighbors prefer I refrain...
Poison is out... just don't know were they crawl up and die.
That smell can be worst than the damage they do... especially if in the house..

Simple design, one moving part and took me an hour to make it up.
Prefect Uncle Bob Project!

If you think I'm being harsh, check this out this product!
Have to tell ya... I like the way these guys think, just not Uncle Bob style.

Once 'yard proven', I'll put it up on the website.
Uncle Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment